On Thursday July 17
th, I was having contractions every 20 minutes. By Friday they began getting closer. My mom came up to hang out with me. We kept track of when they were coming, walked a lot and I bounced on the
exercise ball. By the evening, they were less than 10 minutes a part and lasting longer than a minute. I called the doctor and he said to come in when they were about 7-8 minutes apart and longer than a minute. We went in at 8pm on Friday the 18
th. At the hospital they hooked me up to a monitor, and than told me to walk the halls for an hour! There wasn't many halls to walk around and it was a bit
boring!
Shaun, my mom and I walked for the hour. I got checked again and was
dilated a little over a 2/3 which is more than I was the previous morning, and my contractions were getting closer. The doctor decided to admit me.

I didn't make the nurse too happy, I didn't want to be hooked up to the monitors as much as possible, (The one to monitor the contractions hurt! It had a little knob on it and was giving me another belly
button when you moved it!) and I wanted the IV to be in my left hand not my right, and I didn't want to be hooked up to the IV until I really needed it! She was much nicer/happier at the end of her shift! So after sleeping, kinda, the next morning the doctor came in and said "Well I might send you home!" and back out he went! The nurse talked about talking up the contraction pain (they didn't hurt, but if you watched the monitor you would think I was crazy they went all the way to the top!) And they were less than 2 minutes apart, how would I know when to come back! The shift change came with the nurses and doctors. The next set of nurses were really nice. The Epidural Dr. came in to talk with me, looked at my last back x-rays and said there were 2 spots he could try to do an epidural at if I needed it. The doctor decided to break my water at 9:46 am. That was gross! I did not enjoy leaking for the entire day! I jumped quickly with
dilation after that but got stuck at about a 5, and a few hours later jumped again and got stuck at about an 8. I bounced on the ball, Shaun rubbed my back during contractions. He was great!!!

Around 5 or so the contraction started getting more intense, just a lot of pressure, didn't really hurt. When ever the doctor came in he kept saying this baby is too big for you, you will need a c-section. So I finally signed the epidural paper just in case, I didn't want to be put under! They gave me
pitoesin to help with
dilation. And I just wanted to push so bad! But they wouldn't let me!! I took a small dose of some medicine to help me not to push. Which made me sleepy, and I had to get on my knees to try to turn Zane around, because he was facing the wrong way, and was falling asleep between and during contractions, not a good combo because I felt like I was going to fall off the bed. Around 7 pm, the nurse checked me, and my cervix was swollen and at a 9. She decided that she was going to help Zane's head come down and I finally got to PUSH!! YEAH!! And what a different feeling than before, a few times I felt like I wasn't doing anything. I spent 10 minutes pushing, Shaun held my head and talked me through it, Mom held a leg and tried to take a few pictures. The doctor came in, I remember looking at him and he told me to push but he wasn't even ready, and wasn't looking at me! I decided to just keep my eyes closed!! At 7:16 PM Zane was born!! YEAH! They put him on my tummy! He looked blue and felt like forever before he cried! But we got to hear his healthy lungs! Shaun cut the cord! The towel dried Zane and I got to hold my baby!

After a few minutes while the doctor was finishing
stitching me up, I let the nurse take a measure Zane. Shaun had to cut the cord some more and mom got a few more pictures! It was weird to feel him as I pushed him out, listening to "okay one more push and his face will be out." push, "okay one more push for his face to be out!" But he made it and I had only a little bit of medicine and didn't need a c-section!! I felt very calm and never was really in pain, pushing Zane out was uncomfortable but not really painful, I think the
stitching was the most painful and that was numbed! God was
defiantly there with us! Thank you for all of the prayers! Zane scored two 9s. They say they never give out 10s! He was born with a full head of long hair too! Had all of his toes and fingers! Just perfect! We think he is adorable!! Sometime he looks like Shaun others he looks like me! We think he is a good blend!

Thanks mom for being there!

The nice nurses! Stacy and Yvonne
No comments:
Post a Comment